18

12:28 AM
The bell rang then. It was Mum. She was smiling and I did not have the heart to welcome her with tears. So I did my best to smile and I guess I was smiling. She told how she spent her day visiting from one shop to another. She got me a jacket.

Mum – “Adi told me you felt cold in his room.”

Why were you doing this Adi? Sending me gifts even when you arent here? Havent you spoiled me enough that not having you around devastated me? and now you are even ruining my attempts to try and recover?
Mum also got back one of your woollen t - shirts. You had apparently left it at Mausi’s house. I wore that instead. It felt a lot more warmer. Mum did have a hard time looking at me wearing that t – shirt but I guess she was fighting the same emotions as I was. She was also putting on a smile to give me strength while I did the same.

I asked Mum to rest while I put on the vegetables to cooking. They were ready in half an hour. Isha had too returned in the meanwhile. She had brought lots of books to read. She said she found some comfort in them. It was her escape – her other world. The fact was, my other world was just one of numbness but recently I had found another thing – the diary. I went to read it.

Adi wrote his diary daily. Till like he passed his class 5, the diary was nothing more than account of a young boy’s day. He would write what happened at school and then a little general. He would mention Isha a lot. She was definitely his soul. A few days after Isha turned an year old, all the diary enteries of Adi mentioned – “I love my little Sister”.

The thing that really caught my eyes were his class 6 diary where he mentions going to the tree top for the first time.

“… Dad wants to buy some land. Its amidst forest. But I know there will be great estate values in the years to come. Right now though, when dad took me there to see the land, I was just seeing around when I found a tree where a lot of birds were chirruping. Today morning also, when I went there, again lots of birds. Dad was busy with his staff discussing something and I silently climbed the tree. Yes I got some bruises here and there but it was worth it. The branch had an exclusive view to the horizon where even though the Sun was overhead, it looked orange. Very beautiful. I don’t know how long I sat there but I got down only after I heard dad calling my name. I am going to show it to Isha too. It’s some 4 – 5 km from our house but I know the way. It wont be difficult on the cycle…”

After that Adi often mentioned the place as – his favourite secret place! Every week they would visit it. Whenever Isha was sad or they were bored. I closed my eyes and I could almost feel how I did when I had first time been there. Adi wasnot too good at telling his innermost heart and I wondered if he felt the way I had?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.