21

12:39 AM
But I guess there was certainly something… when Adi had passed out school, he joined the Delhi Engineering College. His hard work had paid off and he got computer engineering there. The first day when I had to go school without Adi – I remember it clearly. Isha also felt a little weird but she was a lot fine than I was. I couldn’t get myself to go. I was standing with Isha near pappa’s car waiting for him to come and drive us to school for we had missed the bus –thanks to me ofcourse. But then Adi came out and said he will drive us. Isha hugged Adi as she left. I just stood there not knowing what to say or do. But Adi just smiled and said ‘you know you are going to rock.’ .. we smiled at each other and then parted. I turned back after walking a little to see if he was gone and his dairy said he watched me entering the gate and then left.

Ofcourse it was new class… big class and there were a lot of other things but I just couldnot concentrate. This was one feeling of mine I had no clue about. Why was I feeling so alone? I had all my friends and the teachers werent so bad either but I kept feeling alone. Slowly I got used to it.

And then results came. Adi and I had a great time then. Both of us had surprisingly managed in 90%. I got 94 and Adi had 92. We would go out every evening to celebrate and in like a month of celebrations, we had checked nearly all hotels, lounges, restaurants and discos.
The thing did not last long though. Someone maybe cursed our happiness. Adi got admission in Delhi College. He was really happy then. So was I. Mum, dad, Mummy, Pappa and Isha, all were very happy. All relatives came to congratulate. A few days went very nicely. But then the day approached. Adi took me and Isha to our special place. Adi had applied for hostel as the college was at one and a half hour drive from our place and he got the accomodation too. Isha was crying. The three of us sat on different branches – silently. Adi climed down to Isha’s branch. She was still crying. He kept speaking for sometime but she wont stop. Finally she smiled. Adi asked her to get down saying he was getting me and then we will go home. I saw Adi come to where I was… I wiped my tears quickly but we knew each other too well to hide things.
He sat down besides me, both of us silent for sometime. Finally he left a deep breath.

Adi – “why are you crying?”
Me – “I am not crying.”

I lied. Tears rolled down my left cheek – Adi was sitting on the right side. He stretched his hand across to my left cheek and picked up the tear drop.

Adi – “Don’t tell it to me that you arenot crying. Stop crying, I will know it myself.”
Me – “I am going to miss you.”

Saying so, I have no idea why, but I hugged him. This was the first time I ever hugged anyone apart from mummy, pappa, mum and Isha.

Adi – “I am not going forever. And I will be back every weekend. You can come and meet me in the hostel too.”

Adi said all sorts of things to calm me but it wasnot simple. We let go of each other… more confused of our sudden hug. And without a proper end to our conversation, for the first time we let the topic go.
Adi felt weird about it too.

“… I don’t know why she stopped me. I have been to all sorts of places but she has been stopped me before, then why this time? I was feeling bad about leaving home already, and her crying face wont let me go now. I just hope what I am doing is good for both of us and Nimi remains fine… “

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.