24

12:41 AM
“… Nimi went back.. without a word. Isha punched me hard into the ribs seeing Nim go. She said “If today she goes, probably she wont be back. If more than a minute gone, you wont be able to stop her”. Hell Isha was right. I was here wanting to meet Nim and then Isha, out of all people, made me confess that yes there was something, and now I had just a minute to stop that special from slipping away from my life. Hell Isha had been so correct… and I ran…”
Adi wrote this about that incident in his diary. I had no idea this happened.

I turned and went to our building. I took the lift to our house on 7th floor. I didn’t know if Isha was right or rather I did not want to accept it. Adi didn’t, this is enough reason for me not to believe it either. The main concern now was, how will I see Isha again… but as always, Adi was there to resolve my worries. The lift stopped at the fourth floor. Adi stood there.. totally out of oxygen. He had ran all the way. He opened the door and entered inside. This was the first and the last time I felt a little uncomfortable with Adi. Instead of letting the lift move, he did close the door but pressed the stop button. We hung somewhere between fourth and fifth floor. He took a few minutes gaining breath.
I saw him and I am damn sure that I looked really stupid seeing him relax. Finally when he could speak, he leaned against me in the left

Adi – “There is something Nimi.. I don’t feel good with you away. Whatever it is, I want to know. It maynot work, but still I need to know what it is.. and for that I need you to be there with me.”

I still stood there staring him… my lips were open in effort that some word comes out… but they wont. Adi looked too gorgeous and perfect for my words to utter and interrupt me from admiring him. We stood there for long. It had to be long as then the phone inside the lift rang. Adi answered it.

Adi – “yes we are stuck here. Sure. Thanks.”

He turned back to me but I turned away. It was really hard to keep looking at him.

Adi – “Nim answer me…”

I turned back… Adi was on his knees.

Adi – “Marry me…”
Me – “What?”

“… and she burst out into laughter. Oh common, I hadnt been proposing girls for like always. How should I know what to say to make a girlfriend? And especially it had to be special… for Namrata atleast…”

The lift was fixed and the door soon opened to the seventh floor. Mummy and Mum were standing there, a little worried. But as soon as they saw Adi, all theirworries turned into smiles and joys. They hugged him and asked how he had been. No one seemed to notice me... none but Adi. He was answering all their questions but he eyes fixed on where I was. Everytime I tried walking out of the room, he would ask me to stay and listen or bring him something.
A minute later, as I gave him the juice he wanted, he merrily spilled it on both of us, pretending to be busy in conversation. I didnt need to show him where the washroom was, but still I did. I switched on the lights for him but before I could exit going to the kitchen to wipe myself, he locked the door.

He stood there in front of me... and we both stood there staring at each other. He then, suddenly blurted out
Adi - "I am awaiting an answer Nimi."
Me - "I have to leave."
Adi - "Answer..."
Me - "The answer is that you are crazy. I cant answer about marrying you."
Adi - "Are you kidding me? Its been five long years since we have been together. I havent had another friend like you and I know the same for you... Leave that, I dont even know a girl as well as I know you and you dont know a boy... I know you will make an awesome girlfriend and I wanted you to be so for the entire life... so I asked you to marry me."

I just stood there... Adi was the answer to all my troubles. He was flawlessly answering all my feelings. His words made sound, what I felt, so obvious. We had been mysteriously in love for long...

Adi - "Answer me crazy"

Why did I need to answer. I leaned a little closer to him and as they call, kissed him mildly on his cheeks. It was not even a second long but there was so other moment more beautiful than this one we had in our relationship. We both had our eyes closed for a long time...

"... her eyes were close.. and she looked ever so tender. For a moment she was someone so new to me.. not like the girl I had known all along.. but then I knew that we had a long way to go ahead..."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.