26

12:42 AM
I entered my room without a word to anyone and locked it. In a single instant, I felt more fear than I did feel love in the past six months. I dont know what would have happened to Adi. We were so lost in each other that we didnot even hear mum enter the house or walk to Adi's room. I tried reasoning myself that me and Adi had done nothing wrong. Apart from on the confession day, the most we had done is held hands... not even hugged. Adi would at times say he wanted more but had never even done to touch me apart from my hands. But still I couldnt help feel guilty.
And in a matter of hours, Adi would be gone and then, how would I face mum. Tears wouldnot stop. And I dont know for how much time I sat like that. And then... I heard the door bell ring. With wet eyes I peeked out of the door. Mum was standing there in the hall talking to Mummy. She still looked serious. She saw me peeking out and spoke something.. Mummy turned too. I closed the door and retreated inside. Dad would be back any minute and when he gets to know... I am sure sure, he would be hell angry. Well, not to blame him... which dad wouldnt be. Even though both the families knew each other from so long yet when it would come to their daughter, it was another matter! The clock seemed to slow down. I kept staring at the wall clock. Mum was there for two big hours. I can never imagine what two people who meet like ten times a day will have to discuss for two hours unless it was definitely something serious.
Amidst all such negative thoughts, the only good thing was that dad wouldnot be home until late. He had some urgent meeting and it might take him longer than usual. The phone rang once... Mummy probably was the one to pick it up... and I know it was pappa for after 10 minutes of tele-chat, she called out to Piyush that dad would be late. It means that dad knew.
My phone constantly buzzed too. Adi called me more than twenty times and he kept sending messages but I was just too scared to even read his message. I just silently prayed that he was fine and I too would remain fine. Finally I heard mummy calling me. Her voice was serious - typically - no - nonsense type. She sounded really angry. At first I just refused to come out but then she called me again. This time, even more angrily. I went out silently.

Mummy - "What aunty tells me.. is it true?"

I didnot speak anything. Tears rolled down my eyes.

Mum - "I am real disappointed."

I looked at her. Definitely, Adi and me hadnot done right by hiding things but parents should understand that we couldt tell them so easily. Whatever it was, mum sounded disappointed and that hurt. But soon there spread a smile to her face. I didnot believe my eyes. Definitely being super upset, I was imagining things.

Mum - "I am disappointed. For every tiny thing, you can come to my house but you didnt feel like telling such a big thing to me?"

I was so certainly dreaming!

Mum - "Come here little girl or your hugs are now only reserved for someone?"

And both of them were laughing. Mum came and hugged me tight. I am never going to forget that one moment. The moment, I got my entire family. Mummy called someone and then I saw that Adi sat there all along... laughing at me. He came and hugged mummy. Didnt I say that this was the best moment of my life and so it was his...

"... she still didnt believe what she heard and witnessed but it was real. I couldnt lift my gaze of those watery eyes. She had been crying for so long that even now tears didnt stop. With her wet eyes she stared at me...."

This was the moment Mum became Mum from Aunty and Dad became dad from Uncle. Yes, now when I recall the incident, I have referred to them as Mum - Dad only but that is because I cant imagine ever to see them as anyone else... not now!
I re-read the entire entry.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.