Dated : September 2, 1991 nearly noon

11:24 PM
I will never understand Dumbledore no matter how hard I try. I donot doubt his wit or ability but I wish if he were just a little more assertive in his approach.

Nearly a fortnight back, Dumbledore summoned a few of us to his office. Minerva, Filius, Pomona and me. I had grown to know that Hogwarts is filled with secrets and this time we were the ones creating a secret. Alchemist Nicholas Flammel had requested Dumbledore to keep safe the "philospher's stone". Flammel suspected that the Dark Lord exists and he is after the stone. I too believe so but as per my knowledge, the Dark Lord must be existing in a form of less than any creature. Not even one unit. Dumbledore believes it too. That night, he had said that the Dark Lord could not be vanished so easily but he is not around for sometime. Now, I guess that sometime is over and I see a worry in Dumbledore's eyes. He however says that the magic which protects the Dark Lord from going to nothingness is too powerful and complicated for anyone to understand and even the Dark Lord doesnt understand it completed.
Anyways, the philospher's stone is hid in a room in the third floor. The room has a trap door which leads to a series of hidden chambers. The trap door is guarded by Fluffy - Hagrid's three headed dog. Then Pomona has put Devil's Snare followed by Minerva's giant chessboard and then Filius's charmed keys to a door. The door which leads to the potions I have put. As soon as you enter that room, fire burns on both the door - in and out of that room. Two potions which take you through the fires respectively and others are poisons. Figure the clue and walkthrough. Simple. That leads to a big room - a sort of stage but the stone isnot there.
Minerva asked Dumbledore why all the measures if the stone is not to be kept there? and Dumbledore says the stone will be there soon.

Meanwhile, I really doubt Quirrell. Quirrell has been very different since he returned from his trip. His eyes seem to try and penetrate into your thoughts and though not very powerful, I have felt something evil from him. He smells as though his flesh is rotten and withering away. I have this to Dumbledore a million times but Dumbledore wont just let me get the truth out of Quirrell. A drop of veristerum is all that it will take.

Today it says in the Daily Prophet that has been an attempt to break into Gringotts - the same vault where Flammel had initially kept the stone. Certainly someone is after the stone. I mentioned the same to Quirrell and his expressions changed drastically. I saw worry, fear and some anger all together. There is something very wrong with him and soon if the headmaster isnot attentive to this, will create a debacle - big enough for us all to handle.

I tried the entire day to worry about the stone just to keep my mind of Harry Potter. The school is buzzing with the name. All first years are exited thinking a 'fairy tale' come true. They are all exclaiming 'IS HE REALLY HARRY POTTER?', 'HE IS SO CUTE', 'THEY SAY HE IS VERY POWERFUL', 'DID HE REALLY DEFEAT YOU-KNOW-WHO?'

For HEaven's sake - NO HARRY POTTER DIDNOT DEFEAT YOU - KNOW - WHO! I spent past ten years looking out for this and all I know is that because of some ancient magic of love, Lily's sacrifice gave Harry the power to reduce the Dark Lord's strength - IT WAS LILY WHO GETS THE CREDIT and not THAT BOY.

I got no clue but why all my talks come upto Lily... I talk anything, do anything, think anything but it all comes down to Lily. Is it the guilt in me or as Dumbledore says 'some human emotions that make me good'? I have no idea but I know I really like to relive all those times again and again but I am not strong enough to face everything all over again.. I donot like to feel responsible every moment of my life. With every bit of air that enters in me, I feel more terrible for the air reminds me of you. I told the headmaster a hundred times that Hogwarts reminds me of you and so I dont want to be here but he says there cannot be a better place for me...

'I am sorry odour'
Severus...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.