Dated : September 1, 1991 11 at night

11:24 PM
It took alot of strength to gather myself. I asked Filius if he will lock the school gates after the students returned and he agreed. I went to the Astronomy Tower. It gives a perfect view of the lake. Waiting, took me to years back - to when I first came to the castle. For a moment I thought I was using the time turner and soon I would see that Prongs, Padfoot and Moony. The heart skipped a beat at the thought of seeing Lily again.. just like she had years back.

I remember that day as though yesterday. I wanted nothing else. A friend who didnt hate me. She didnt want me to change. She liked me for what I was. without regrets, until later ofcourse. Lily was already at the door before the train halted and her eyes sparkled when she saw the castle for the first time. Her first words then were 'THIS IS HUGE' I had replied 'Sure it is. Even greater than it looks.'

Just then my memories were broken by the arrival of Hogwarts express. It was easy to find Harry Potter in one look. He looked just like James and with him was a red - head, another weasley I assume and it was just like James and Sirius. With them was a girl. The girl didnt remind me of Lily for Lily got down with me from our first journey to Hogwarts Express; she reminded me more of Lupin - she wasnot astonished like the other kids but kept saying something. Like Lupin, a keen observer. It was Harry Potter though who kept my all attention. Just like his father. Harry had already made fun of Slytherins, I heard some of them saying in their common room. Arrogant. Pest. Just like his father, he is into Gryffindor.

I couldnot help staring at him and probably he noticed that for he looked at me for long too. These are Lily's eyes. The same blue eyes. It's been years after that I saw them. They came like air to me - something we all need but we scarcely notice its presence while it's around. I realised Lily's importance only after loosing her and now her eyes are back. But they arent Lily's anymore, I see the same hatred and emotionlessness in his eyes as his father's.

But something astonishing happened today. Dumbledore seemed to be worried about this too. The hat didnot know where to place Potter boy. The hat thinks Slytherin and Gryffindor are both suited for him and according to the hat, Slytherin should be better but somehow Potter boy is in Gryffindor. I never wished him to be in Slytherin but him being in Gryffindor brings back sour memories. However, I donot understand this mystery. Dumbledore says he himself doesnot get it. For now, Dumbledore has asked us all to do our duties and not worry.

However I really doubt I will be able to do what Dumbledore wants me to - look after that Potter boy will not be easy anyways. The Potters have this knack for troubles. Lily too got into that only after she went along with THAT POTTER.

'I am sorry odour'
Severus...

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.