1

3:06 AM
"Namarata... " I heard him call... All I could see was a hand coming towards me from the darkness... It was his hand.. I could tell anyday... even if he hadnt worn our engagement ring... The fingers curled in to call me... It was all dark around me and I felt myself sinking deeper and deeper into the darkness...
If it was any other time when Aditya would have called me... I would have stretched my hand towards him... to hold his... but this one was different... I pulled my hand away and said "I am reaching for you!" and his fingers curled and shook in a way to say no and his gentle voice whispered in my ears "No" ... the voice grew fainter and fainter...

Aditya's hand stretched a little more and it came to catch me but I had sunken away.. into the darkness... the darkness was heavy around me... I couldnt breathe but I didnt need to... It wasnt happening with me for the first time... it was the fifth actually... when I had lost my will to survive and I get stuck in a situation where one does anything to survive...

Few minutes back, I sat in the balcony like each morning staring at the world beyond when my cell phone buzzed. Why should I pick up? I had no reason to... but the name flashed 'mum' on the phone. I picked up.. Mum said that she had dropped Isha to the swimming class but now she got stuck in a jam and so wont make it to pick her up and so she wanted me to pick Isha from the club.

Isha is Aditya's little sister... that's what Aditya introduced her as. She is not little anymore though... she would be celebrating her seventeenth birthday the next month. Isha learnt swimming at 'Indo Club'. It wasnt far from our place. Five minutes if you had to walk. I really didnot want to go but Isha was the only one for whom I couldnot say no after Aditya. She was his charm and lately mine too... I had seen Isha since I was twelve and she was just five. I had seen her grow or say we had seen her grow. Isha was indeed an integral part of our relationship and she left no stone unturned to keep it lively. I owe her a big time for all the fights that didnot happen just because Isha was there...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.