2

3:06 AM
So, I got up with difficulty and changed. I tried to look as decent as I could but when I checked my reflection in the mirror - I found someone totally stanger to me staring back. I had lost alot of weight in the last month... so much that my tight dresses had become loose. There were big dark dug up places unerneath my eyes. The eyes were red. Skin peeled off from my cheeks and hair tied up in total mess. I did my best but then I didnot care anymore... nothing of this mattered...

I reached the club at around 10 minutes past 10. Isha's class was over ten minutes back and I couldnt see her outside the club. I went inside the club... I saw no one... no one to ask... I went to pool number 16 - where Isha learnt swimming. No one was there either. I turned to leave... when I think I heard something...

"Namrata" I heard you call... you were sitting on the edge of the pool with legs dipped in water. Before I could say anything... I heard another voice... "You know I hate it when you sit like this." This was my voice. Aditya loved to sit with his legs dipped in swimming pool. He loved beaches but sheldom went to any... so he couldnot afford to miss the 'fun' - as he called it. And then... it wasnt just my voice.. I saw a girl approach you. The girl was me but in a lot better shape. That me came towards Aditya and stretched a hand to make him get up... instead he pulled me down too... "ADITYA"... "Yes honey"... "Adi get up"... "No Nims... sit here... be still and just listen to the music of water" ... that me wanted to speak but Aditya closed her mouth and made her listen... I heard it too... the water played its own music... and without even realising, both the me's were smiling...

I didnt realise it but I was walking towards where Aditya and me sat... and no I didnt take the whole way... I chose to walk the shortest distance... through the pool... When I was close enough... I stretched my hand towards you.. I wanted to hold you... just once again... just once... but you disappeared and there was nothing left... no you, no me and the water had no music left either.. indeed it was howling and mourning... I heard the water mourn just like people did that day. I covered my ears... I couldnt take it anymore... but the whole pain was coming back... and then everything started to black out... I remember water entering my mouth as I asked the sounds to shut up... but they didnt and then it was all black.. someone was throwing me into nothingness...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.