15

12:24 AM
It read –
“This is Aditya Khanna. I am 6 years old and I study in class 2. Tisha didi who is my elder cousin, said that we all should maintain diaries. A diary is a book (notebook) where we write everything we want to. We share whatever happened with us in the entire day and write what all we felt. Tisha didi said it helps everyone to remember our mistakes and prevents us from doing them in future. I found out that many people write diaries too. …”

My goodness… Adi wrote diary and I never knew it. This was probably the only reason he always didn’t allow anyone to touch his computer. Aditya was a strong guy. In all times of troubles he would be the one to be still and hold on to all of us. But seeing that he writes a diary… shook me!

I continued reading –
“I like a lot of things – I like to play cricket, basketball, football and tennis. My favourite player is Sachin Tendulkar and Renaldo. They are legends. I have more than 50 Sachin cricket cards and total 525 cricket cards. I like car race games. I can beat all my friends in them. No matter how hard Krishna tries, he always comes second and he hates me for that.

My friends say boys don’t write diaries but I like the idea and I am going to write my diary. Just I am going to keep it in the computer so that no one can read it. I will not tell this to anyone. Ever. Promise. Not even to Mum.

Bye diary. I will write more soon. Right now if Mum finds out that I am not doing the science homework, she will be really angry.”

I read it over and over again. It was like having Adi with me again. As though he silently spoke all this to me. I felt a huge emptyness in my life. Where had Adi gone? Why wasn’t he here with me? If he was destined to go, why did God ever make ‘us’ together? One phone call and everything in life scattered. For once why couldnot I see Aditya again? Be with him? Why did he had to go if him being gone, changed so many lives?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.