7

3:13 AM
Mummy and Pappa tried their best to cheer me up and I tried my best to smile but it just couldn’t come. The pain was growing within me… piercing me from within. They left then…

Nafisa – “How can you be so insensitive? You feel so much about someone who is dead and wont return but what about your parents? They are alive. For Adi, you cant let them suffer. Remember your crying wont help Adi but yes it’s going to be painful for your parents. Why don’t you just come out of your dammit other world that you find solace into?”

Nafisa was correct. I knew it but the problem was I had no solution to it… moreover her phrase ‘the other world’ brought back a million memories back. It brought back my childhood and the sweetest memories of my life. To everyone, this phrase may be a mere reference to anything Extra Terrestial but to me this world existed very much on the same planet but still it was totally untouched.

I remember it was 12th September when we shifted in our new house. There were just 11 days for my birthday and I would turn 12. Delhi wasn’t my kind of city. I was born and brought up till now in Lucknow. Delhi to me came like a completely different galaxy. People say that Delhi is a lot quieter than Bombay but I never found so. No one ever stops in Delhi. Everyone is in a race… and where’s the finish line – no one knows that. My pappa was too entering the race. Pappa worked as the senior manager in Krishna Motors. Krishna motors manufactured a lot of things – all the parts of a car, lead storage batteries and other small items. As a result I grew to just know machines. They maynot be my passion but they were my first toys and I was goodwith them. Pappa was transferred to the head office and so we came to Delhi – Pappa, Mummy, Piyush and I. Piyush was seventeen. He had finished his school and Pappa got his admission done in Delhi only and I joined class seven.

On our very first evening into the city, as Piyush and I were setting our things, we saw a ball enter our house. Piyush grabbed the ball and we both ran out to see who was it. It was a little girl of five years of age. She wore a cute pink frock with two ponytails hanging above her ears. This is how I am always bound to remember Isha. A boy, older than me, came running behind her. This was first when I saw Aditya.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.