Part 3 : Salazar Slytherin - misery

I don’t really know if its there in HP books but yes there certainly existed a social evil of ‘witch burning’. Magic and wizards / witches were considered bad but most of this was done by people to suppress opposition (Something I am not gonna discuss here atleast).

Anyways, this thing did exist for sure (and I do recall mention in HP books as well) and so just a bit of thinking might guide us to the fact that why would a wizard not hate muggles burning them and their families. I agree not all wizards are bad and neither all muggles are (I am a muggle myself!) but of course there is a fear and hatred if you have experienced something really bad!

Now probably Slytherin, too hated muggles because of this or some other reason and so didn’t find it right to pass magic to muggle borns when some muggles are killing wizards. I do agree that he wasn’t entirely correct but duh! He was thinking about his own people…

Coming to another important aspect – Salazar didn’t hate Gryffindors at all. He didn’t mind the house as long as you are a pure blood and so its of course not he who started the legendary Gryffindor Vs Slytherin fight.

If you ask me, this started amongst students, when Slytherin left and then maybe students of other houses taunted Slytherins of their founder being weak against and stuff like that kids often say and Slytherins then started getting nasty.

[Ps: this is all assumed from my real life experience…there is no such mention of anything in HP books]

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.