12

3:29 AM
Inspite that I knew that it was me who had signed in but I couldnot help waiting for him to send a message. I sent him many saying that I missed him. All my emotions.. I just wrote them down. But all of them popped up on my window screen only. Seeing no reply, my smile turned into tears. “Please reply” I kept saying. And when I had given up all hope, I kept my face in my hands. Probably Nafisa and everyone else were correct. I needed to accept and stop holding onto it. And just then I heard Adi’s voice.

“Nafi’s birthday gift, Isha’s pocket money, Ahuja project, Boss’s affair with Julie, Mum’s leg is hurting, Mummy needs a new saree and I love you Nimi. Thanks for being the life in me” said Aditya.

I couldnot just believe my ears. It was real. There was a pop up window on the screen. Adi seems to have installed voice alarms which came whenever he switched his computer on. I felt Adi hadnot left me. I could feel him somewhere near me, like always. Adi shared all his talks with me but he never let me touch his computer. He said he needed some ‘mb’ for himself. I never knew why he said that but as for now I really wanted to know. Part of accepting that he was gone was that I needed to hold onto everything left for me. I heard the voice message over and over again. Isha and Mum heard it too. They were standing behind me, both in tears. I looked at them through tears and pointed to the screen. Tears kept flowing but I was trying to laugh too. Mum was too tired. Listening to Adi’s voice made her a lot weaker. She sat on the bed with Isha trying to comfort her. I went to her. Mum was crying terribly. I kept my head on her lap and we three sat crying…

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.